Position title: Project & Policy Officer
Position status: fixed-term contract linked to the implementation of Prep4Blue project
Salary: 34,000-38,000 € annual gross salary, depending on the experience of the candidate
Reporting arrangements: this position reports to the Director responsible for Maritime Affairs and Climate
1 – Job Summary
The Project & Policy Officer will employ her/his time on the following main activities:
- Working within the Maritime Affairs team of the CPMR General Secretariat, the Project Officer will be in charge of the implementation of the CPMR mission within the Horizon Europe Prep4Blue project.
- Provide key assistance to the Director responsible for Maritime Affairs. S/he will support him in the delivery of key actions of the CPMR on EU Maritime Affairs linked to its work plan and the EU Ocean Mission, with an emphasis on blue Smart Specialisation Strategies.
2 – Principle responsibilities
In relation to supporting activities related to Maritime Affairs:
- Being in charge of the implementation of the CPMR mission within the Horizon Europe Prep4Blue project
- To provide policy support to the CPMR maritime team on specific areas, such as blue smart specialisation strategies, to be agreed with the CPMR Director responsible for Maritime Affairs;
- To contribute to the lobbying efforts of the Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions (CPMR);
- To organize, attend and report on relevant events (conference, seminars, workshops), led by the CPMR, its member regions or the European institutions
3 – Task and duties
The above activities will involve the following tasks:
- Design surveys and implement desk research activities
- Drafting technical notes and sectorial analysis
- Organisation of conferences and seminars
- Represent the CPMR during events organised in the framework of the Horizon Europe Prep4Blue project
- Organise meetings and events under the supervision of the Director responsible for Maritime Affairs;
- Contribute to the communications activities of the CPMR and liaise when relevant with the CPMR Geographical Commissions.
4 – Qualifications and skills required
- A very high level of proficiency or native level of fluency in English is an essential prerequisite; proficiency in at least another European language (particularly French) is a strong asset.
- A university degree in a relevant field; specific studies on maritime affairs will be a plus. Knowledge and personal interest in EU Maritime Policies is a strong asset.
- Work experience or studies on the topics covered by the EU Ocean Mission, smart specialisation strategies and or dealing with regional and local authorities or their associations will be a highly valued.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience of EU project management (preferably under the Horizon 2020 programme. Experience under Interreg will also be well considered)
- You are a team player, capable to work in autonomy and follow guidelines.
- You are a responsible person able to meet deadlines.
- You have a positive attitude and flexibility to adapt to different and changing contexts.
5 – Location
The position might be based in one of the CPMR’s premises (Brussels, Rennes, Barcelona) and will require availability to travel around Europe when necessary.
6 – Terms of recruitment
The position is offered as fixed-term contract linked to the duration of the project Prep4Blue (maximum 3 years, including trial period). The contract formula could variate depending on the country/CPMR branch office where the officer will be based.
7 – How to apply
Please send a one-page cover letter in English explaining how your education and experience are relevant to the position and a CV in English to email@example.com, before 11 April 2022, for the attention of Mr Giuseppe Sciacca, Director for Maritime Affairs and Climate, with subject “Project & Policy Officer CPMR – Prep4Blue”.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you require further information on the position and tasks you are welcome to contact Mr Giuseppe Sciacca, Director for Maritime Affairs and Climate at the CPMR (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Protection of Personal Data