Under the direct supervision of the Secretary General, the Institutional Relations & Advocacy Officer will play a central role in implementing the AER’s advocacy strategy, in collaboration with the AER’s members. The holder of this position will develop and maintain strong relationships with institutional stakeholders in order to maximise influence and deliver strategic objectives.
- Implement AER’s advocacy strategy in order to promote regional interests and influence European and international institutions;
- Coordinate and facilitate the work of Bureau Task Forces;
- Support AER’s involvement in European and global policy debates and processes and influence policy makers on key areas for local and regional authorities;
- Promote AER’s advocacy messages across coalitions and networks at European and global level;
- Prepare policy and advocacy materials, including briefings, speeches, position papers and submissions to institutional stakeholders;
- Plan and organise policy and advocacy meetings;
- Being a small team all staff members are asked to perform additional transversal tasks and some secretarial work
- University degree in a subject related to AER work (e.g. Political Science, European Studies, International Relations, Economics, or other courses related to this profile)
- At least 2-3 years experience of development and delivery of advocacy strategies or in institutional relations
- Knowledge and experience of working with institutional stakeholders or influencing key decision-makers, preferably in the context of local and regional authorities or on the European level
- Understanding of regional development challenges and multilevel governance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop policy positions and write high-quality policy and advocacy materials
- Fluency in English
- Legal right to work in Belgium
Length of contract: This is a full-time maternity cover role with start 1 June at earliest and will run until 31 January 2023 (up to 8 months).
Hours of work: This post requires a working week of 38 hours.
What we offer
- Working for togetherness, solidarity, good governance, and innovation
- Promoting values and sharing best practices across Europe
- A competitive salary
- Being part of a small team, which means the contribution of every person on the team is important
- Using cloud-based team collaboration tools, which help us for community building
- Opportunities for personal growth and widening your horizon
- Attractive employee benefits and 14 extra holidays next to the legal holiday rights
- Or, in short, being part of the coolest network in wider Europe!
How to Apply
To apply for this vacancy, please send a cover letter (max. one page) along with your CV in English and one reference letter or recommendation letter by a previous employer to: email@example.com (“AER Institutional Relations and Advocacy Officer” as the subject line)
Deadline for application: 28 April 2022 – 23h59 CET
Interviews (indicative days): 4-6 May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The post Institutional Relations & Advocacy Officer (Maternity Cover) appeared first on Assembly of European Regions.